Sunday, May 19, 2019

190505 - South Western Train

I booked this ticket few weeks before my trip and it cost only US51.47 for 4 person from Tainline. This is a one way ticket from Salisbury to London. I chosed Clapham Junction since it is closer to my hotel. Well we waited for almost five months when my sis text me to tell me about the offer. The normal price from South Western Railway is always at 103pound. Where Trainline can quote up to 204 pounds. So, thanks to my sis, I am able to get the tickets with such a huge discount.
Due to some urgent matters, we book this ride to London. We do notice it is cheaper to book in group of 4 though 1 of us did not return. It is good to leave the ticket with open time during off peak after 7pm. But we have to be careful. There is only 1 train per hour.
When we transit from Clapham Junction to Kensington Olympia overground, do remember to tap using the oyster card at Clapham junction for the overground. Otherwise we will have to pay 5 pounds as penalty. That is what happened to us.
South Western Railway. The train from Salisbury to London.
Comfortable seats with toilet facilities and luggage compartment for us to place our luggage while transiting. Lucky, our luggage is not more than 25 inches. It fit nicely under it. Also, not all cars has the luggage compartment. We found them in the 1st 2 train cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

190427 to 1905510 - Food I ate in England

It was a long trip in England. 2 weeks in England and plenty of chances to try out food there. However, since we put up at my sis place...